Wednesday, October 7, 2009

murphy can stick it

I feel as though I have been demolished by a semi. Demolished, I tell you! What a graphic word! Close your eyes, and think of the connotation of that word. What do you see? A destroyed Volkswagon, crumpled beyond recognition? A collapsed building, smashed into a million pieces? Now take out the car/building rubble, and insert my lifeless body. This is an accurate portrait of my current physical state. In a metaphorical sense. I am not, in actuality, crumpled or smashed. But I may as well be.

It was a 12-hour day in the clinic that included (but was not limited to):
- patients waiting for an hour to be seen, as I was the only doctor in the clinic (x-rays! exams! adjustments! all me! heeellllllp!)
- the computers crashing at the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT
- running around the clinic/sweating profusely for a good 3-hour chunk of the day
- a bunch of other insane clinical shit I won't bore you with
- eating almond butter and dark chocolate for dinner due to a level of exhaustion that rendered me unable to make a proper meal
- wanting to fall over
- shamelessly whining all over the internets

I suppose I can't say everything went wrong, since the universe did not implode, my head did not explode (it only came close), and I survived long enough to bitch about it, but.....

hot DAMN!! What an effing day.

No comments: