Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the worst way to die

I am currently watching Planet Earth with my roommate, and have suddenly realized my new idea of the worst way one could ever die. Even worse than vomiting to death. What could be worse than involuntary gut/gag contractions that lead to foul, undigested stomach contents leaving your body through your mouth, until you shrivel up and die? I'll tell you what: drowning in your own shit while being eaten alive by cockroaches. (Pause for shudder effect.) This is how a very, very unfortunate bat is leaving this world. Right in front of me, on the TV screen. I must say, it is truly, disturbingly, and disgustingly fucked up.

Quote from Michele that saved the moment from being unbearably horrifying: when the narrator describes the 100 meter mound of guano upon which millions of roaches rummage and root, she said, "100 meters of bat shit?! That's bat shit crazy!"

No comments: