Thursday, March 26, 2009

slow and sleepy

Today, like yesterday, has been gray and drizzly. I usually love days like this, especially when it's the weekend. It's a good excuse to stay in your underwear and drink tea and read in bed all day long.

But today was my second day of work, and I am exhausted. I'm getting used to the flow of the office (at the chiropractic clinic I work at), and still learning how everything is working. I wanted to nap this afternoon, but decided my time would be better spent re-connecting with the world and going out in it. So I sit in a cozy corner at my new favorite cafe in downtown Decatur, people-watching, enjoying the crowd and the coffee, and looking up Albert Camus quotes. I've collected some of my favorites for you. So kick back with a pot o' tea, put on some Sigur Ros or Iron and Wine, and enjoy your afternoon.

- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
- Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
- Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears.
- Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
- To be happy we must not be too concerned with others.
- Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
- You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
- Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.
- But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?

No comments: