Sunday, June 14, 2009

take the baton girl, you'd better run with it

I decided that before a very frantic and stressful and rushed cross-country move toward Seattle, I would pay a visit to the Texas of Canada. And so I spent five days immersed in (mostly) beautiful Quebec summer, folk music that I missed so dearly, and the pseudo-family and good friends I left behind almost four months ago. It was more lovely than I remember it, and completely worth it.

I spent the last couple of days tearing my hair out beause of a broken car (that busted just after I threw down over a G on it, and just 36 hours before it must drive me to a destination over 3,000 miles away) and the possibility of being homeless as of this Saturday. As in, arrive at destination: Washington, and have to sleep in my car. It all turned out in my favor, the car being mended and a home being found, mostly due to excellent friends and all-around luck. It's good in a way, to feel that pre-move frazzle. Reminds you how much you can get done under pressure. Makes you proud. And it feels even better when you discover it's all working out like a peach.

But the fun doesn't end there. The next week of my life will be jam-packed with excitement and craziness. I have just packed my Camry to the brim with everything I own from my three-month stint here in Atlanta. Tomorrow, I spend 12 hours driving to Houston. I'll have two days there to RE-pack my car, including the kitchen stuff I will require, and also will be packing some boxes to make them shipping-ready. Three days driving West, starting Thursday. And just one day to rest before I start my job. As, like, a doctor and stuff.

So, yeah, on the move again. It feels like I've made a career of moving. But so far, it hasn't been a bad thing. You gotta keep life interesting, I suppose. And this is one way to do it.

No comments: