Thursday, May 7, 2009

lauri's head

week 1.
Yes! Seattle! How fantastic, that this fantastic job in this fantastic place has fallen into my lap! It's all so... fantastic! Weeeeeee!

week 2.
Hmm. I hope everything works out. I mean, sure it will! ...right?! It's the Pac northwest, for crying out loud! And the doctor seemed perfectly lovely on the phone. And, and, and she seems thrilled that I'm coming! Of course it's all fine. I just sent in $600 for state licensure. It'll work out, it always does! So yes, how fantastic! Weee!

week 3.
Oh wow. It's a 3-day drive. And how will I get all my crap out there? Will my cat survive that drive? Where will I live? It's all gonna be so rushed. Atlanta to Houston in one day. Two days to pack and settle affairs in Texas. Houston to Seattle in three days. Hmmm. Well...it should be fun, right? I'm going west! Oregon trail!

week 4.
Shit. What if it doesn't work out? She may not like me. 90-day probation period, you know. I may not like it there! I wonder how long I should plan on staying. Where will I really end up, like for good? Maybe I should wait to move ALL my shit up there. Maybe I shouldn't be naive and assume everything will always be perfect and happy and wonderful, always. Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Now I'm worried. Why am I so worried? I wish I didn't worry so damn much. Curse the heavens! Why don't I ever know anything about anything, ever? Why is this so difficult?! Why must I freak out at everything? Oh my god!! WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?!?!?

(to be continued....)

No comments: