Friday, May 8, 2009

how apropos

Last night, I dreamt I was running late to a wedding. For some reason, I'd wandered into the street in my pajamas, and came across the church where everyone was congregating. Then I realized I hadn't showered or gotten ready yet. I couldn't manage to find my way back the house I had slept at (presumably a friend's). The church took up about 12 city blocks, and I couldn't get around it, even as I was running so late. What might all this mean? (Emphases below are mine.)

Late
To dream that you are late, denotes your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future.

Wedding
To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. They reflect your issues about commitment and independence.

I find it interesting that even in my dream state, I am fucking freaking out about upcoming changes. Conflicted and overwhelmed with the transitions in my current life. To think, some people believe dreams are totally random and mean nothing...

No comments: