Thursday, April 29, 2010

contentment

If you could bottle days, this would be one to cork and keep. Not even for an exciting event or special purpose. Just for being so... nice.

It was a leisurely morning, with a walk through downtown to Elliott Bay. I did some cafe-lounging with a good book. I had my lunch paid for. I got lost in Chinatown. I caught up with an old friend over the phone. What started out as a mostly cloudy morning turned into a gloriously beautiful day, with big fat fluffy cumulus clouds scattered across an impossibly blue sky. Work was a fast half-day, and was fun and relaxed. I had dinner with a girlfriend, where we talked careers and boys and Seattle.

As Kurt Vonnegut would urge me to announce in contented moments like these: if this isn't nice, I don't know what is.

No comments: