Tuesday, April 27, 2010

hey alright i might be goddamned

It's a beautiful spring in Seattle. The sun is now rising before my alarm goes off each morning. I'm starting to wear more skirts and sandals and fewer scarves and jackets. And I'm one happy girl in the middle of one happy week.

Today was the day. The beginning of the beginning. The start of a great transition. I am training a newbie to soon take over my job so that I may be bumped up a notch on the doctor ladder. This will mean, ultimately, more free time (no more nights analyzing x-rays till 8 o'clock), more time spent adjusting patients, fewer menial tasks, and soon, a higher income and (eventually) a full day off (4-day work week, say whaaaat?).

After such a cartoonishly hellish summer '09, when many dinners consisted of sardines and crackers and I was too poor to buy a cup of coffee, and after another several months of car problems leading to credit card debt leading to a great big stack o' bills that left me scrape, scrape, scraping by financially, times they are finally a-changing.

Not that I want to count my chickens before they hatch. I'm only getting quite pleased at watching those little egglets incubate under the warm, sunny glow of the impending Pacific northwest summer. Should be a helluva good one.

No comments: