Friday, January 1, 2010

i told you so

It feels good to start the new year off with the feeling of being so right about something... 2009 and I were most definitely friends, as I'd predicted. Travel buddies. Love buddies. Career-starting homies. New cities, fun times, and a whole lotta changes took place. Yeah, we were totally BFFs, me and 2009.

And now The Year During Which I Will Turn 30 is here. If you were to ask me as a spritely, naive young 21-year-old, I would have told you that's just sooo far away, and omg, I'll be so old! But surprisingly, I feel great about it. Almost every 40-plus-year-old I know has expressed that life begins at 30, or the prime of their lives took place during that decade. So I say to 2010 and its upcoming December: BRING IT.

Welcome, two-thousand win. I'm excited for this new decade. How bout y'all?

No comments: